On 3/8/2016 8:12 AM, Richard Haines wrote:
> On Tuesday, 8 March 2016, 1:32, William Roberts <bill.c.robe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Stephen Smalley <s...@tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:

> From what I can see the only ways for you to get the context of a specifically
> named initial sid, is to:
>
> 1) If working on the active policy then read /sys/fs/selinux/initial_contexts
> for the specific name.
>
> 2) If working on a binary policy that has been loaded by libsepol for
> investigation, then I guess the official answer would be "you cannot do
> this", simply because the names are not held in the binary policy.
>
> What you could do is:
>
> a) Load the initial_sid_to_string.h or the policy initial_sids file and search
> through it for a match. This will give the offset and would (by magic) give
> the initial SID value (e.g. "file" = 5) as it just so happens that the
> initial SIDs start at '1' in a standard SELinux system. You can then obtain
> the context string.
>
> b) Or you could just say they start at 1 and I know "file" is the 5th entry !!
>
> c) Modify policy, kernel etc. to add the names.
>
> Unless someone knows another way !!!!

I realize this is about libsepol, but if you happen to have setools3
available, it can also retrieve this information, e.g.

$ seinfo --initialsid=node -x
                node:  system_u:object_r:node_t:s0

So in your program you could use the libapol library functions and look
it up in /sys/fs/selinux/policy.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC