<snip>

> I would recommend just initializing the variables to NULL and keeping
> the "goto exit"'s. That would maintain the single return point, allows
> for extra cleanup code to be run in the future if necessary, and is
> consistent with the rest of the module_to_cil code.

FYI these functions have multiple return paths, so that statement isn't
even true for module_to_cil code:

roles_gather_map()
typealiases_gather_map()
stack_destroy()
is_id_in_scope_with_start()

Functions that always return 0:
semantic_level_to_cil()
cil_print_attr_strs()

Some functions have double sets to -1 on rc, the compiler should be smart
enough to disregard those, but
still, no consistency on when/where rc = -1 is set.

ebitmap_to_names()

I only went through 36% of the file and noticed all these.

On a separate note, Coverity has free scanning for open source projects,
perhaps we should put selinux project in there
and get it scanning. It will likely pick up a lot of stuff.