On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 03:14:57PM -0400, ira.weiny wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 10:19:48AM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 02:12:48PM +0000, Daniel Jurgens wrote:
> >
> > > It would have to include the port, but idea of using a device name
> > > for this is pretty ugly.  <subnet_prefix,pkey> makes it very easy to
> > > write a policy that can be deployed widely.  <device,port,pkey/vlan>
> > > could require many different policies depending on the configuration
> > > of each machine.
> >
> > What does net do? Should we have a way to unformly label the rdma ports?
>
> Uniformly label them on the local node or across a cluster?

However we want. If the argument comes down to 'we stupidly choose to
call our devices mlx5_0', then lets allow the admin rename that to
'rdma0' and a cluster wide config file will apply uniformly. This
approach applies to all configuration related to rdma, not just
SELinux.

> > If they are not written to disk I don't see the problem, the dynamic
> > injector will have to figure out what interface is what.
>
> Who is the "dynamic injector"?

Docker, for instance.

Jason