On Fri, May 04, 2018 at 09:08:36AM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On 05/04/2018 03:55 AM, Jason Zaman wrote:
> > On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 10:52:24AM -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> If you have encountered any unreported problems with the 2.8-rcX releases
> >> or have any
> >> pending patches you believe should be included in the 2.8 release, please
> >> post them soon.
> >
> > the rc2 release has been fine for me for several days now. And I havent
> > heard any issues from any gentoo users either so we're probably good to
> > go. -rc1 failed to boot properly for me because some important things in
> > /run or /dev didnt get labeled but that was fixed in rc2.
>
> Hmm...I'd like to understand that better. The change was verifying
> file_contexts when using restorecon,
> which was reverted in -rc2.  But the fact that it prevented labeling files in
> -rc1 means that either
> you have a bug in your file_contexts configuration or there is some other bug
> there.

If it cannot validate_context then it will be unhappy:

[root@julius ~]# dnf history info last
Transaction ID : 364
Begin time     : Fri 04 May 2018 01:12:36 PM CEST
Begin rpmdb    : 1404:e739a03c49fec80ed41a1ea4c599d8f877b01d76
End time       : Fri 04 May 2018 01:14:01 PM CEST (85 seconds)
End rpmdb      : 1404:27bd40dce7edbf226ffad80f482cd75231f1b6ab **
User           : kcinimod <kcinimod>
Return-Code    : Success
Command Line   : update --exclude efi-filesystem
Transaction performed with:
    Installed     dnf-2.7.5-12.fc29.noarch @rawhide
        Installed     rpm-4.14.1-8.fc28.x86_64 @tmp-rawhide
        Packages Altered:
            Upgraded cockpit-166-1.fc29.x86_64                      @rawhide
... snip ...
Scriptlet output:
   1 restorecon: /etc/selinux/dssp2-standard/contexts/files/file_contexts: has
invalid context sys.id:sys.role:files.generic_boot.boot_file:s0
      2 restorecon: /etc/selinux/dssp2-standard/contexts/files/file_contexts:
has invalid context sys.id:sys.role:files.generic_boot.boot_file:s0
         3 restorecon:
/etc/selinux/dssp2-standard/contexts/files/file_contexts: has invalid context
sys.id:sys.role:files.generic_boot.boot_file:s0
            4 restorecon:
/etc/selinux/dssp2-standard/contexts/files/file_contexts: has invalid context
sys.id:sys.role:files.generic_boot.boot_file:s0
               5 restorecon:

--
Key fingerprint = 5F4D 3CDB D3F8 3652 FBD8  02D5 3B6C 5F1D 2C7B 6B02
https://sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3B6C5F1D2C7B6B02