On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 2:36 AM, Chris PeBenito via refpolicy
<refpol...@oss.tresys.com> wrote:

> An SETools 4.2.0-beta release is now available:
>
> https://github.com/SELinuxProject/setools/releases/tag/4.2.0-beta
>
> Changes since v4.1.1:
>
> * Replaced the Python/SWIG/static-linked-libsepol policyrep module with
> a Cython implementation. This will have performance and memory-usage
> improvements and breaks the static linking to libsepol.
>
> * Significant memory usage reduction in sediff (approximately 60%,
> depending on the policies).
>
> * Added support for SCTP portcons
>
> * Updated permission maps
>
> This release of SETools has changed dependencies since 4.1.1. See
> README.md for more details.

Hi,

I have built this beta release on Arch Linux and it seems to work fine
(I mainly tried sesearch and apol). There were two issues related to
warnings emitted by my compiler (gcc 8.1.1) and I reported them in
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/setools/issues/1 and
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/setools/issues/2 .

As 4.2.0 will be the first release to drop Python 2 support, I suggest
adding a note about this in the final announce (the README.md already
states that Python 3.4+ is required, but I forgot about this when I
began updating the package I maintain).

Thanks,
Nicolas