On 09/05/2018 03:36 PM, Nicolas Iooss wrote:
Hello,

While reviewing the last patch sent by Vit Mojzis, I stumbled upon
something that does not feel right in "semanage user". Both "semanage
user --help" and "man 8 semanage-user" state:

usage: semanage user [-h] [-n] [-N] [-S STORE] [ --add ( -L LEVEL -R
ROLES -r RANGE -s SEUSER selinux_name) | ...

I am wondering what are the meaning of "-s SEUSER" and "selinux_name"
there. If I try to use "-s" option, semanage complains:

semanage: error: unrecognized arguments: -s

Therefore it seems that the usage would rather be "... --add ( -L
LEVEL -R ROLES -r RANGE SEUSER)". Looking at the code, it seems that
parser_add_seuser() is not used in setupUserParser() [1], and
everything works fine when using "semanage user" without -s option. Am
I missing something obvious, or should I write a patch which fixes the
documentation?

Sounds like a cut-and-paste error from the semanage login help and man page.

The examples in the man page don't ever use -s to semanage user, nor does python/semanage/test-semanage.py or python/sepolicy/templates/*.py.

Cheers,
Nicolas

[1]
https://github.com/SELinuxProject/selinux/blob/libsemanage-2.8/python/semanage/semanage#L403