On 09/11/2018 03:29 PM, Stephen Smalley wrote:
On 09/11/2018 02:49 PM, Ted Toth wrote:
Yes I too noticed the translate permission but couldn't find any info related to it intended purpose. Regarding CIL unfortunately I have zero experience with it but I've installed the compiler and started reading through https://github.com/SELinuxProject/cil/wiki (any other pointers to useful info would be appreciated). I have written lots of policy would it be possible to add a class/permissions/mlsconstraints in an old-fashion policy module?

The older binary modules didn't support those kinds of statements outside of the base module.  Try this:
$ cat > mcstrans.cil <<EOF
; define a mcstrans class with one permission color_use
(class mcstrans (color_use))
; allow all domains mcstrans color_use permission to themselves
(allow domain self (mcstrans (color_use)))
; only allow mcstrans color_use permission when h1 dominates h2
(mlsconstrain (mcstrans (color_use)) (dom h1 h2))
; append the new mcstrans class to the end after all others
(classorder (unordered mcstrans))
EOF

$ sudo semodule -i mcstrans.cil

Then try performing permission checks with "mcstrans" as your class and "color_use" as your permission, between a domain and itself, with different levels.

BTW, an easy way to find CIL syntax for something is to look at how it is done in the base module. You can extract a copy of that via
semodule -c -E base, then bring up base.cil in your favorite editor/viewer.