Hi Dmitriy,

On 2009-03-05 16:51, CNIT wrote:
>> I think it would be best to also have a possibility to set the
>> SMW-wide default to ISO8601, like in my proposal. Adding a possible
>> printout modifier value "localized" (which would override the SMW-wide
>> default setting) would then give all possibilities.
[...]
> Only optionally. My users need localized dates.

Yes, it should be optional (as in a global variable that can be set in
LocalSettings.php), imo. The default should stay at 'localized', for backwards
compatibility.

 > I wonder whether the input of ISO8601 is accepted
 > (because the ISO8601 output may be given as input to another #ask
 > template)..
 > ISO should be interesting for templating (both input and output).
 > Dmitriy

There are a number of problems I discovered during a quick check:
Time zone designators are interpreted in the wrong way (try
'2009-03-05T12:12:34+02:00', which should be output as '2009-03-05T10:12:34' on
a Wiki that's running with UTC time and as '2009-03-05T18:12:34' on a Wiki
that's running with China Standard Time timezone set). Or they cause the string
to not be understood (try '2009-03-05T12:12:34+0200').

I'll try to come up with a patch that makes SMW understand more ISO8601 dates.
I will only implement the (recommended) "extended format" (with hyphens /
colons), not the "basic format" (without hyphens / colons). I don't know about
week dates and ordinal dates yet, maybe in a second step.

Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4