On Sonntag, 2. August 2009, Patrick Nagel wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> first of all, thanks for the upcoming new release! Highly appreciated :)
>
> On 2009-08-02 21:32, Markus Krötzsch wrote:
> > The upcoming SMW release 1.4.3 will introduce a property that helps to
> > find input errors: its value will be the page of the property that the
> > wrong value was assigned to. For example, if you put
> >
> > [[my date property::not a date]]
> >
> > on page "Test1" (where the property would expect a valid date), then SMW
> > will automatically store the value "Property:my date property" for
> > "Test1".
> >
> > This is surely useful for maintenance. The question is how to call this
> > new special property. Sufficiently descriptive names tend to be unwieldy,
> > as for example "error for property" or "input error for". The point is
> > that the property takes another property as its value, not an error
> > message.
> >
> > User poll: How would you prefer this to be called?
>
> How about "Has wrong type"?

Strictly speaking, a type is something that only a property has, so it could
be confusing to use it for values (I assume what you mean is "some value given
to the property 'has' the wrong type").

Current proposals:

(1) Page1   error_for_property       Property:my_date_property
(2) Page1   input_error_for          Property:my_date_property
(3) Page1   has_improper_value_for   Property:my_date_property
(4) Page1   has_wrong_type           Property:my_date_property

Further opinions are collected until this CET evening (you can also indicate
support for some of the existing ones). Then I will move forward with the
release.

-- Markus

--
Markus Krötzsch