Hi Gu,

The unionQueries() function was added to the Database class in MW
1.16.  I had the same problem on MW 1.15 and hacked SMW to generate
the union statement directly:

Original line:
$query = $db->unionQueries($queries, false) . ' ORDER BY smw_sortkey';
// should probably use $db->makeSelectOptions()

My line:
$query = '(' . implode( ') UNION (', $queries ) . ')  ORDER BY smw_sortkey';

Hope this helps!

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)