Hey,

> How likely will Wikipedia adopt SMW some time in the future?
This won't be any time soon. There is some effort going on to get a stripped
down version of SMW that does not have query capabilities onto commons
though. Getting SMW on other WMF wiki's will depend a lot on the outcome of
this.

> Would it be best for me to develop this in the main SMW source code, a
branch, or an extension?
An extension, as we do not want to add any more code to SMW core.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
* http://blog.bn2vs.com