On 18/11/12 13:30, Yury Katkov wrote:
> Ok, I understand that: the choice is between to store or not to store
> the source of the data by grouping the triples in graphs. Of course
> it's up to core developers to choose.
> Another set of questions:
> 1) how the s13n's programming interfaces for extension developers will
> look like?

Specifying this is a major part of the task.

> 2) what is the priority of this task?

I would say between 17 and 18.

My (serious) point here is: priority must be relative. We have many
requests for 1.9 (e.g. printouts for property chains and aggregates,
paged query results, removing length restrictions on URL values, ...).
The question is: what is the priority for doing this *before* any of
these other, more long-standing requests? I think this can only be
decided by collecting the main todos and then placing them in an order.

> 3) Is it possible to sponsor the development to make it quicker? I
> think that the companies interested in this feature can build together
> a fund/grant to support the volunteer. WikiVote can definitely take
> part in that sponsorship campaign.

Thanks. A sponsored developer could help with specifying the
requirements and producing technical documentation. The actual
implementation is only possible after we know what we want to do. The
project should start by collecting use-cases so that we get an idea of
what we would need and how this new functionality could be invoked.

Technically, the changes are blocked only by other changes in the store
that are more urgent (further simplification of the table layout and
data model, completion of the diff code). No other dependencies with
ongoing SMW work is obvious to me now.

Markus