Hi,

Okay - so there's at least some consensus for keeping the subobject hash as
it is. That means that, for subobjects to be sortable by entry order, I
think there would have to be a separate special property, called "Has
index" or "Has number" or something, that would store the index of each
subobject on the page. However, there are a few weaknesses to that approach
that I can think of:

- Creating a new special property takes some development work - including,
possibly, creating a new database table?
- Subobjects won't be sorted automatically; whoever creates each query will
have to remember to add "sort=Has index" to the query.
- Because of the way "sort=" works (it removes all items that don't have
that property), it will cause some confusion for wikis starting to use the
new code: subobjects that don't have "Has index" set yet will simply not
show up in sorted queries.

For these reasons, I'm leaning heavily toward just changing Semantic
Internal Objects to use hashes like "#001", "#002", etc. again, like it
used to do. That way, users will have a choice of naming schemes. And it
somewhat fits in with the different philosophies of SMW/subobjects vs. SIO:
in SMW, such objects can have their own name and identity, while in SIO,
they're really only attributes of the page on which they're defined.

-Yaron