Javascript-based result formats, like the charting ones.
2) Results can be refreshed, manually or automatically, without reloading
the page.
3) It eliminates the problem of MediaWiki caching of query results (the old
"why isn't that new page showing in the list?" problem), because the query
results aren't cached along with the rest of the page.

Until now, I think I've mostly heard #1 as a reason to use Ajax in SMW
query results - though, Yury, you seem to be talking mostly about reason
#2. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) That seems strange to me, because I think on
the vast majority of wikis, changes don't happen nearly fast enough to
require any type of real-time refreshing; and certainly not for a refresh
rate measured in seconds.

Personally, I think reason #3 might be the strongest one, by the way.

In any case, I have a question: Yury - if Ajax is possible for every result
format, why both with an "ajax=[true/false]" parameter at all? In other
words, is there ever an advantage to *not* using Ajax, given the option?

-Yaron