On 20.10.2014 09:05, Krabina Bernhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> regardless of the skin used, I think it's worthwile to have a look at some
> sites we should aim to match regarding their appearance, e. g.
>
> http://www.drupal.org/
> https://wordpress.org/
> http://www.joomla.org/
> https://www.atlassian.com/

You are right. We really need to up our game there a little in terms of
professional appearance. Looking at these very professional websites
(and taking into account how much time it takes to do such a thing
properly), we need to think about how to implement this. We do have a
number of powerful components available (Chameleon, all the Bootstrap
basics, I also have some not-yet-released extra code to use further
Bootstrap features on the Wiki), but it will still be work to use that
on our site (change table-based layouts on wiki pages; choose fonts,
colours, images, and textures; style key elements; redesign site
navigation to go with a collapsing menu, ...). How could we best move
forward to put this into practice, ideally before the end of this year?

Cheers,

Markus