James Montalvo wrote
> I spent a lot of time on Friday trying to figure out how to replicate an
> ask query in PHP. I was pretty sure I could do something to reuse the
> parser, but since I wanted to be able to manipulate the data before
> displaying it I did not pursue that method. Thank you, Frank, for the way
> you described. I'm sure that will come in handy in the future.

There is also the following extension, which provides a simple interface for
making queries in PHP:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Vedmaka/Semantic_Query_Interface
https://github.com/vedmaka/SemanticQueryInterface

Even if the extension is not used directly, the code it contains is useful
in showing how querying can be done.