Hi,

The `#subobject` parser function itself understands the JSON notation
(without deep nesting) as demonstrated in [0].

> and I'm trying to add support for reading JSON content (actually from
> MediaWiki JSON content model pages).
>
> I try to trigger subobject storage using \SMW\ParserFunctionFactory,

Best to create a ticket for that sort of question since email is not
the best place to post code snippets.

[0]
https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/SemanticMediaWiki/blob/master/tests/phpunit/Integration/JSONScript/TestCases/p-0211.json

Cheers