From: Sepsisgroups [mailto:sepsisgroups-boun...@lists.sepsisgroups.org] On
Behalf Of Carlson, Brenda L
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:31 PM
To: 'sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org' <sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org>
Subject: [Sepsis Groups] Lactate levels and POCT

What is the turnaround time for lactate levels at your hospital, from ordering
to resulted time? Nearly all of our initial lactates are drawn by bedside
nurses (approx. 70% in ED setting) and sent to the main lab for processing. We
seem to be averaging about 1.5 hours from order to result and are looking for
ways to improve.  Is anyone using POCT to obtain lactate levels, especially in
the Emergency Department?

Thank you for your help.

Brenda L. Carlson MS, BSN, RN
Assistant Quality Officer
Office of Clinical Practice Evaluation
University of Rochester Medical Center
265 Crittenden Blvd., Saunders Research Building, 3.205
585-273-4721
This message may contain information which is confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message (including attachments). If you have received the
message in error, please advise sender by reply email, and delete the message.
Thank you!