From: Sepsisgroups [mailto:sepsisgroups-boun...@lists.sepsisgroups.org] On
Behalf Of Carlson, Brenda L
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:16 AM
To: 'sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org' <sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org>
Subject: [Sepsis Groups] Provider orders or protocols for IVF administered by
EMS

Has anyone figured out a way to include IVF given by EMS? We are struggling
with this since provider orders or protocols must be
found in the hospital record and none of the local EMS companies provide this
type of information.

The NYSDOH approved protocols used by all EMS agencies in upstate NY are
available here:

https://www.mlrems.org/GetFile.aspx?fileID=10896

There are no patient specific orders, these are standing order for all patients
with suspected septic shock.

Has anyone found a way to comply with provider orders in the hospital record
for IVF given by EMS?

Thank you for your help.

Brenda L. Carlson MS, BSN, RN
Assistant Quality Officer
Office of Clinical Practice Evaluation
University of Rochester Medical Center
265 Crittenden Blvd., Saunders Research Building, 3.205
585-273-4721
This message may contain information which is confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message (including attachments). If you have received the
message in error, please advise sender by reply email, and delete the message.
Thank you!