From: Sepsisgroups [mailto:sepsisgroups-boun...@lists.sepsisgroups.org] On
Behalf Of Orth, Claudia
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2017 8:11 AM
To: sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org
Subject: [External] [Sepsis Groups] Serious Safety Event Classification of
Sepsis cases

________________________________
Caution: This email originated outside JMH. Do not open attachments or click on
links if you do not recognize the sender.
________________________________
I am interested in learning if anyone in the sepsis community is currently
working with their Quality and Safety leaders to classify sepsis cases as
'Serious Safety Events' and if so what criteria/algorithm is being used to do
so? We are struggling to figure out how to do this as we feel there are 2
categories perhaps? And depending on what criteria or definition is used, there
could be a very large number of these

1.      Early recognition

2.      Timely response and treatment

Thank you as always and in advance for your time, expertise, and consideration
to help us.

Sincerely,

Claudia Orth, BSN, RN, CCRN-K
Sepsis Coordinator