National shortage...

________________________________
From: Sepsisgroups <sepsisgroups-boun...@lists.sepsisgroups.org> on behalf of
Tara Miller <tara.mil...@infirmaryhealth.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:16:14 AM
To: sepsisgroups@lists.sepsisgroups.org
Subject: [Sepsis Groups] Antibiotics/ normal saline shortage

Is anyone else having issues with no spike bags or normal saline bags available
for mixing antibiotics? Our hospital and pharmacy are completely out of most
saline bags. We are mixing all antibiotics manually. Have you heard of CMS
allowing IM/IO antibiotics due to this shortage?

Thanks.

Tara R Miller, RN

Team Leader, Quality Management

Mobile Infirmary Medical Center

Office: 435-5109

Cell: 605-8270

[IH_Logo_20170609]

Confidentiality Notice:  This electronic message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,  disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in
reliance on the contents of this electronic message and/or any attachments is
strictly prohibited.  This quality assurance document is for the use of
Infirmary Health and is prepared and maintained pursuant to Section 22-21-8 of
the 1975 Code of Alabama. Prepared in an anticipation of litigation.