Are your physicians using IBW to calculate 30ml/kg fluid boluses for perinatal
patients?
I've asked Clinical Analytics for clarification on this and I'm not getting
much.
The new 2018 changes state the physician must document that the pt is obese and
has a BMI >30 to use IBW.
A pregnant woman isn't necessarily "obese" and I was told BMI is not regularly
calculated in this population.
My physicians would love to have this option but I want to make sure it doesn't
violate the measure.

Thanks,
Denise

Denise M. Covert, RN CCRN
Sepsis and Stroke Coordinator
[cid:image001.png@01D315A9.252CDDB0]
St. Lucie Medical Center
1800 SE Tiffany Ave., Port St. Lucie, FL 34952
denise.cov...@hcahealthcare.com<mailto:denise.cov...@hcahealthcare.com>
Spectralink: 772-335-4000 x7239    Office: 772-398-1639

"Were there none who were discontented with what they have, the world would
never reach anything better." - Florence Nightingale