All,

There is new language in the 2018 manual concerning Persistent Hypotension.

If there is more than one blood pressure documented, refer to the last two
within the hour:

 If there is a normal blood pressure followed by a low blood pressure, select
Value “3.”

Trying to understand the rationale for this and understand why this is a bundle
failure.

In our case, the patient did have septic shock, met all prior bundle
requirements and  was resuscitated with 30 ml/kg cryst fluid.  In my mind, a
patient that has septic shock that is actively being fluid resuscitated but
continues to be hypotensive should then be considered for vasopressor use and
not be considered a failure for the Sepsis bundle. (Pt was on pressors). It
seems as if we are being ding-ed based on pt response to treatment.

What am I missing?