Hi there,

since Sharon mentioned that the DM people maybe also interested in
validations I rebuilded the complete validation stuff.
It now comes with a huge bunch of syntactical sugar in it. It got an
Sequel Adapter now that pretends to be a model plugin and supports
conditional validations, more flexible error messages and is easier to
extend.

I'm currently finishing the specs and writing some documentation, if
somebody is interested to have a look I'll commit it as a new version of
validated.

I still have to ensure that inheritance is no problem at all, when this
works you could just do:

class Sequel::Model
  is :validated
end

... and the descendant classes should be able to:

validates(:username, :password) {length :minimum => 6}
validates(:password) {confirmed and complexity :level => :high}

validates(:if => :necessary?) {bunch_of :holy_crap}

... without calling is :... all the time

I hope you'll like it, otherwise it doesn't matter, because I can
validate everything I want to... :)

Cheers
Florian