On May 15, 9:14 am, "ara.t.howard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On May 14, 4:13 pm, Jeremy Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I just made some major changes to the master branch, which could break
> > some existing code.  I don't do such a thing without a good reason, in
> > this case because I believe the current design was fatally flawed.
>
> > Three major changes have just been committed
> > 1) Identifier (table/column) quoting is now optional, disabled by
> > default.
>
> why wouldn't you have this on all the time?  user, group, etc are very
> common tables names but will fail with, for instance, postgresql
> because they are reserved words.  since sequel is generating the sql
> it seems odd not to simply make it safe, albeit verbose, all the
> time.  AR, for instance, does this.

When I disabled it by default, I was considering only the possibility
of embedded spaces and case sensitivity.  I neglected to consider the
possibility of reserved words.  That was a mistake, seeing how common
they could be, so I have enabled quoting of identifiers by default
with the latest commit.  Quoting identifiers is still optional, so you
can turn it off if it causes problems for you (e.g. for databases that
default to uppercase).

Thanks,
Jeremy