On Jun 14, 5:57 pm, Shawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Getting a SystemExit exception with require sequel 2.0.[01] in a CGI
> script, running on Apache 2.2 on Mac OS X 10.5.  Here's the script:
>
> #/usr/local/bin/ruby
> require 'rubygems'
> begin
> require 'sequel'
> rescue Exception => e
>   print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"
>   print "message: #{e.message} - class: #{e.class}\n"
>   print caller
> end
>
> The script runs fine from the command line, but fails from Apache.
> I've traced the error to sequel_core/dataset/sequelizer.rb, which
> requires parse_tree.  It seems to be failing somewhere in parse_tree.
>
> This problem does not occur with Sequel 1.5.1.
>
> There's some inline C code in parse_tree, so I don't know if there's
> some problem with that and Mac OS X.  But since Sequel 1.5.1 also used
> the same version of parse_tree.  Removing the require of sequelizer, I
> find that the same SystemExit comes from requiring a PHP sequelizer
> module.  Commenting that require, the SystemExit then comes from my
> web framework.  Reverting to Sequel 1.5.1 makes all these exceptions
> go away.
>
> Since sequel fails to load parse_tree, this should be verifiable by
> trying to load sequel in a CGI script as I have above.  Can someone
> else please verify the error?  And then, does anyone have any insight
> about what's causing these exits?  Is Sequel overloading some method
> or class in a bad way?

I don't use OS X, so I can't verify the error.  It's possible that
Sequel is overloading something they didn't like, but that seems
unlikely.  From the code you posted, It doesn't look like you are
anything else could be raising an error if you aren't requiring
ParseTree.  See if you can get a traceback for the error to see where
it is failing.

In Sequel 2.1, ParseTree support will be deprecated, and it will be
removed in Sequel 2.2, BTW.

Jeremy