On Jun 30, 11:59 pm, Steve H <p.wi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm brand new to Sequel (as of like a few days ago).  So far, I'm
> really kind of loving it!!  I do wish the docs were a little better
> organized/more extensive, but it's hard to complain.  At least there
> ARE docs.  :D
>
> Anyway, I'm trying to use the sequel command line tool with my mysql
> database (on osx), and it's not working.  Here's what I get:
>
> $ sequel mysql://localhost/castle_gameserver?user=root
> Error: Sequel::DatabaseConnectionError: NameError uninitialized
> constant Mysql::CLIENT_MULTI_RESULTS/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/
> sequel-3.1.0/lib/sequel/adapters/mysql.rb:97:in `connect'
>
> I do have mysql installed, but I also have mysqlplus and em-msql:
>
> $ gem list | grep mysql
> mysql (2.7)
> oldmoe-mysqlplus (0.1.1)
> tmm1-em-mysql (0.3.0)
>
> Could these other mysql gems be causing problems?  Other mysql things
> seem to be working fine (I tried rake db:create and rake db:migrate in
> an old Rails project, it worked fine).

It looks like the mysql library sequel attempted to use doesn't
support CLIENT_MULTI_RESULTS.

> I'm just a bit concerned because I originally installed Mysql Server
> x86_64, which (as you may know) will not work on OSX with the regular
> mysql gem.  So I installed Mysql Server x86 over it, and everything
> appears to work fine (a la rake tasks mentioned above, which would not
> work when x86_64 was installed).
>
> The funniest thing here is if I jump into irb, require mysql and
> sequel (or even mysqlplus and sequel), everything works fine.  What
> gives??

It is odd that it would work in irb but the sequel command itself
would not work.  Does it also work with em-mysql (if not, it could be
that sequel is trying to load that)?  Can you try using the RUBYLIB
environment variable and make sure that one of the working mysql
libraries first?

Also, try this from irb (without requiring any mysql stuff
explicitly):

  require 'sequel' rescue nil
  p $:

That should give an indication of what mysql library sequel is

Jeremy