On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 8:50:25 AM UTC-7, Yuri Smirnov wrote:

> Hi, I need to generate some SQL that looks like this:
>
> row(1, 2, null, 3) IS NOT DISTINCT FROM row(1, 2, null, 3)
>
> Is there some simple way to do that with Sequel?

Sequel currently doesn't have DSL support for "IS NOT DISTINCT FROM".  It's
not SQL standard syntax, though it would be possible to add support via an
extension.

Sequel does have support for row() via the pg_row extension:

  DB.extension :pg_row
  Sequel.lit("? IS NOT DISTINCT FROM ?", Sequel.pg_row([1, 2, nil, 4]),
Sequel.pg_row([1, 2, nil, 3]))

You could also cheat and use a functional call, since the syntax is the
same:

  Sequel.lit("? IS NOT DISTINCT FROM ?", Sequel.function(:row, 1, 2, nil,
4), Sequel.function(:row, 1, 2, nil, 3))

Thanks,
Jeremy