Well, I've moved to a .left_join which has me satisfied so far.  There
isn't anything specific I'm trying to translate.  Just trying to get my
head around this approach.  But two questions:

Given that every table that I include might have a *creation_date* field,
how can I decipher between which table I need to select it from?  For
clarity:

tableone.creation_at
tabletwo.creation_at

Ultimately, I'd like to use the Sequel subset capabilities in order to get
to qualified fields in those various tables.  I've been looking for a way
to decipher between table names, however a dataset starts with a single
table.  At this point it's sounding like getting an array of qualified
keyfield values for an IN statement.  The documentation for subqueries
comes in multiple statements.  I have a three-table join that I am facing
and it would be ideal to do this by avoiding joins.