On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 at 8:55:08 AM UTC-7, BeeRich33 wrote:

> It's confusing because the database server is functioning.  A refresh
> directly after seeing this error comes up fine.  I've repeated that several
> times since this thread started.  So Sequel is saying the server is not
> functioning, then upon another trial, it gets a connection.

Sequel attempts to make a connection, which the database server refuses to
accept.  This is obvious from the output you posted. At a later point
(maybe even directly after), the database server allows a new connection,
and that is when things start to work again. However, at the point where
Sequel attempts to make a connection and the database server refuses it,
there is nothing Sequel can do except raise an exception.

Thanks,
Jeremy