I like the default pool_timeout of 5 seconds, but sometimes I'd like to
extend it like for example when I'm uploading photos in a transaction and I
want everything to fail if one of the items doesn't copy to a AWS bucket.

Probably not a good practice to open a transaction and put web requests
running inside, but if I want to increase the pool_timeout for one block,
how can I do that?

ie.

db.transaction do

end