On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 2:00 PM Thiebo <thiebald.crem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have one table "data"
>
>    Column       |
> ---------------------+
>  id                    |
>  account_id    |
>  categorie_id  |
>  amount          |
>

> And a table "categories"
>
>    Column       |
> ---------------------+
>  id                    |
>  name             |
>
> I want to "translate" this SQL query into Sequel:
>
>  SELECT data.id, data.amount, data.name, data.data, categories.name as
> categorie FROM data RIGHT OUTER JOIN categories ON(categories.id =
> data.categorie_id);

 DB[:data].
  right_outer_join(:categories, id: :categorie_id).
  select{[data[:id], data[:amount], data[:name], data[:data],
categories[:name].as(:categorie)]}

I can't find in the documentation (
> https://sequel.jeremyevans.net/rdoc/files/doc/querying_rdoc.html) how to
> select specific fields in a join query and how to select "as".

Aliasing is mentioned in other places in the documentation:

https://sequel.jeremyevans.net/rdoc/files/README_rdoc.html#label-Expression+aliases
https://sequel.jeremyevans.net/rdoc/files/doc/cheat_sheet_rdoc.html#label-Aliasing
https://sequel.jeremyevans.net/rdoc/files/doc/sql_rdoc.html#label-Aliasing

Thanks,