On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 5:25 AM Pierre Yager <pierre.ya...@crisalid.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Still working on this GeoNames database.
>
> After reading this guide in the PostgreSQL documentation (
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/populate.html) i see some room of
> improvement in my GeoNames dataset injestion process.
>
> I should drop indexes and foreign key prior to data injection (using COPY
> through DB.copy_into(), thank you Sequel)
>
> May Sequel help a bit to achieve this process quickly by using
> Db.tables(), DB.indexes() and DB.foreign_key_list() ?
>
> Could the result of these methods be used to drop and then recreate
> indexes and foreign_keys ?

It's possible to do so, but please be aware that Database#indexes does not
return all indexes on a table, In general, partial indexes are excluded, as
are indexes on expressions that are not simple columns.  You should
definitely test by running a PostgreSQL schema dump on a separate system
before and after the drop and recreation to ensure there are no changes.

Thanks,
Jeremy