balkaneu.com
<http://www.balkaneu.com/serbian-government-accuses-protesters-of-killings-beatings-fascism/>

Serbian government accuses protesters of killings, beatings, fascism...

3 minutes

  _____

Top Serbian officials and pro-government media continued today with the harsh
attacks against the opposition accusing its people of staying behind the
protests over the fuel price hike. Among other things, the opposition is marked
as responsible because a pregnant woman has allegedly lost her baby due to a
blockade on one of the highways.

President Aleksandar Vucic said that he has made a mistake "because I told
them: let them do whatever they want". He probably alluded to security forces
that did not prevent protesters from blocking the highways and crossroads
throughout Serbia.

"The beating of a citizen in Belgrade represents extreme violence which unseen
in the past 10 years... He was brutally beaten because he asked them
(protesters) the reason they rallied for. These people are preventing freedom
of movement, something that is guaranteed by the constitution", Vucic
underlined.

However, Zeljko Veselinovic, president of the trade union "Sloga", claimed that
this citizen, identified as Bozidar Milic, has not been attacked. "He is an
allegedly beaten citizen is, and, by the way, an SNS (ruling party) member",
Veselinovic tweeted, posting photos which, as he claimed were made before and
after the attack <https://twitter.com/plavizmajevi/status/1006265132014624768> .

On Monday, Vulin accused protesters of preventing the movement of the military
vehicles to the south of Serbia and thus jeopardising national security.

The main pro-government tabloid, the "Informer" accuses leaders of the
opposition for "terrible political violence". Under the main headline that
reads, "Fascists beat people" they quote the allegedly beaten Milic, saying
that the attackers also stole 300 euros from him. "I asked them why they are
doing that, and after that they began beating me. They also took 300 euros from
me", Milic told the "Informer".

Deputy mayor of Belgrade Goran Vesic said that the poorest people in Serbia
have been left without free food due to the protests. He also accused
opposition leaders of (causing or stimulating) the blockades, calling them
"bullies".

"He is very annoyed over the protests... As MPs we have to protect this people
(protesters), rather than attending the parliament session", tweeted Marinika
Tepic, an opposition MP, alluding to Vucic.

The protests kicked off on Friday. Fuel price in Serbia has reached 1.3 euros,
the highest price in the Western Balkans.... /  <http://www.balkaneu.com/> IBNA