gazetaexpress.com
<https://www.gazetaexpress.com/en/news/reports-of-a-change-in-us-policy-on-partition-of-kosovo-are-simply-wrong-says-daniel-serwer-174361/>

Reports of a change in US policy on partition of Kosovo are simply wrong, says
Daniel Serwer

GazetaExpress

2 minutes

  _____

Daniel Serwer, a former State Department official who served as a U.S. special
envoy in the Balkans, analysing the statements of the US Ambassador Greg
Delawie, who was asked whether Washington supports partition of Kosovo, said
that the Ambassador in his interview with Kosovo TV channel KTV did not mention
partition at all. Media in Kosovo and Serbia reported on Friday that Delawie
said that Washington was not rejecting the possibility that a division of
territory could be discussed in the Kosovo-Serbia dialogue.

“I might have wished, with the infinite wisdom of hindsight, that he had
handled the partition issue differently by saying that the US continues to
support the independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity of Kosovo, but
Greg was clearly in this interview trying to stay our of the substance. He
didn’t discuss partition at all. His main purpose was to encourage broader
participation of Kosovo’s political forces in the process. He said
unequivocally there is no change of US policy. For people in Belgrade to say
there is, based on this interview, is wrong,” Serwer wrote in his bloc
Peacafer.net.