*Scripture: Isaiah 44:22-26; 50:4—51:8, 12-16 (NKJV)*

44:22 I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, and like
a cloud, your sins. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you." 23 Sing, O
heavens, for the LORD has done it! Shout, you lower parts of the earth;
Break forth into singing, you mountains, O forest, and every tree in it!
For the LORD has redeemed Jacob, and glorified Himself in Israel. 24 Thus
says the LORD, your Redeemer, and He who formed you from the womb: "I am
the LORD, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone,
Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself; 25 Who frustrates the signs of the
babblers, and drives diviners mad; Who turns wise men backward, and makes
their knowledge foolishness; 26 Who confirms the word of His servant, and
performs the counsel of His messengers; Who says to Jerusalem, 'You shall
be inhabited,' to the cities of Judah, 'You shall be built,' and I will
raise up her waste places."

50:4 "The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should
know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me
morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned. 5 The Lord
GOD has opened My ear; And I was not rebellious, nor did I turn away. 6 I
gave My back to those who struck Me, and My cheeks to those who plucked out
the beard; I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.

7 "For the Lord GOD will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced;
Therefore I have set My face like a flint, and I know that I will not be
ashamed. 8 He is near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me? Let us
stand together. Who is My adversary? Let him come near Me. 9 Surely the
Lord GOD will help Me; Who is he who will condemn Me? Indeed they will all
grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up.

10 "Who among you fears the LORD? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who
walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD
and rely upon his God. 11 Look, all you who kindle a fire, who encircle
yourselves with sparks: Walk in the light of your fire and in the sparks
you have kindled—this you shall have from My hand: You shall lie down in
torment.

51:1 "Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, you who seek the
LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the hole of the pit
from which you were dug. 2 Look to Abraham your father, and to Sarah who
bore you; For I called him alone, and blessed him and increased him." 3 For
the LORD will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will
make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the LORD;
Joy and gladness will be found in it, thanksgiving and the voice of melody.

4 "Listen to Me, My people; And give ear to Me, O My nation: For law will
proceed from Me, and I will make My justice rest as a light of the peoples.
5 My righteousness is near, My salvation has gone forth, and My arms will
judge the peoples; The coastlands will wait upon Me, and on My arm they
will trust. 6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look on the earth
beneath. For the heavens will vanish away like smoke, the earth will grow
old like a garment, and those who dwell in it will die in like manner; But
My salvation will be forever, and My righteousness will not be abolished.

7 "Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, you people in whose heart is
My law: Do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their insults. 8
For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the worm will eat them
like wool; But My righteousness will be forever, and My salvation from
generation to generation."

12 "I, even I, am He who comforts you. Who are you that you should be
afraid of a man who will die, and of the son of a man who will be made like
grass? 13 And you forget the LORD your Maker, Who stretched out the heavens
and laid the foundations of the earth; You have feared continually every
day because of the fury of the oppressor, when he has prepared to destroy.
And where is the fury of the oppressor? 14 The captive exile hastens, that
he may be loosed, that he should not die in the pit, and that his bread
should not fail. 15 But I am the LORD your God, Who divided the sea whose
waves roared—the LORD of hosts is His name. 16 And I have put My words in
your mouth; I have covered you with the shadow of My hand, that I may plant
the heavens, lay the foundations of the earth, and say to Zion, 'You are My
people.'"

*Devotion*

It's the day after Christmas. The world only sees a struggle that has come
to an abrupt halt and says, "I'm so glad Christmas is over!" Sadly the
world cannot wait to toss the tree out to the curb! The festivities are
over! But that's just it! For them, Christmas is only another festivity
which is all about their family and love—their life.

For the faithful, Christmas always has been about Christ! That means
Christmas is always about the love and life of the Son of God, Jesus
Christ, as prophesied by the prophets how Almighty God would reveal Himself
in the flesh, and His Servant attitude would make a way whereby sinful man
might be rescued from the world.

This process unfolded through His humble sacrifice of being born of a
Virgin in a manger, to where He grew to be a man as He kept the Law
perfectly in our place, to where finally, He willingly and humbly
sacrificed His own life on a denigrating Cross that we deserve.

The reading of our texts today are an encouragement for each of us as we
continue to live by faith, trusting that the words of the prophets has been
fulfilled in the person of Jesus Christ, the Word, Whose birth we continue
to celebrate throughout the Christmas Season.

Let us Pray: Arabia's desert ranger, to Him shall bow the knee, the
Ethiopian stranger His glory come to see; With offerings of devotion ships
from the isles shall meet to pour the wealth of ocean in tribute at His
feet. Amen.