+1 to everyone else's plans.
But.. Noel, what do you have in mind vis-a-vis Avalon? Are we to consider
releasing James with Merlin instead of Phoenix for instance..?

My own plan.. and in this order..

a) Revisit the Mailet API experimental changes, particularly those which
haven't found favour.
2) Add JNDI support for service and parameter lookups to the Mailet API
wordy spec (and draft it as it doesn't exist!) and implement same in James
(Hopefully using naming from http://incubator.apache.org/directory/)
-- the above two items aiming at finally providing full portability to
mailets in a way acceptable in the light of (constructive) criticism raised
earlier., Test cases are the James Transport mailets some of which still
depend upon access to vendor specific service lookups. Or in other words
Avalon.

iii) Add support for archived application auto deployment, probably on the
basis of deploying "Processors" . Tighten classloader separation and add
JNDI local contexts for secure separation of processors.
$) Add flexible virtual hosting. Offering a choice at config time of either
IP based using bound IP's or name based using rich account names.

Of course I'll have to get off my a**e and sort out my net acess at home
1st! :-)

Then if I do all that, and my wife hasn't left me, I'd like to write a
mailet container which can be embedded in other apps, for instance in a
MessageDrivenBean or a test harness.

Comments and help would be welcomed for any of the above.

d..

The information in this e-mail is confidential and for use by the addressee(s) only.
If you are not the intended recipient (or responsible for delivery of the message to
the intended recipient) please notify us immediately on 0141 306 2050 and delete the
message from your computer. You may not copy or forward it or use or disclose its
contents to any other person. As Internet communications are capable of data
corruption Student Loans Company Limited does not accept any  responsibility for
changes made to this message after it was sent. For this reason it may be
inappropriate to rely on advice or opinions contained in an e-mail without obtaining
written confirmation of it. Neither Student Loans Company Limited or the sender
accepts any liability or responsibility for viruses as it is your responsibility to
scan attachments (if any). Opinions and views expressed in this e-mail are those of
the sender and may not reflect the opinions and views of The Student Loans Company
Limited.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses.