Norman Maurer wrote:
Hi guys,

as you (hopefully) all know the current Quota code is very ineffectiv
and can cause many problems when using JDBC based mailrepository.

See:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-717
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-718

For me there are 2 possible solutions at the moment for getting rid of it:

1. Add an comment to config.xml to explain the problems with this
matchers and mark the matchers as experimental.

+ 0

+1
2. Remove the code until we can provide a "usefull" support for quota.
For me thats impossible until we add the quota support to the storage
layer (Mailbox). This will propally not be done until we break storage
comptatibility

+ 1
-1

It is being used by some people and, although it is inefficient with JDBC based repositories, it works fine with file based ones, as for me. So we *cannot* remove it at all.

bye
Norman

Vincenzo