I will go on record that I oppose a move to Spring, and have said so on
multiple occassions.  However, I do not oppose optional support for Spring.

So long as we are agreed on that, I'm +1 to on the latter.

> As a consequence, we would be able to release a Spring-container-based
> Server runtime besides our regular Avalon-based.

I'll start another thread on Avalon.

How much does your proposed merger effect the stability of code that
couldn't care less about Spring, e.g., the Avalon-based release?

        --- Noel