Hello guys,

I have come to my senses after a previous mail from Eric and after examining all of the other generic approaches to the distributed indexing problem, I realised that I will continue to do only a specific implementation of the distributed index, using the initial approach.

I have began implementing the IndexWriter and IndexReader and the IndexSearcher, also I am using the LuceneMessageSearchIndex as a template to creating the necessary fields and indexing the emails. Right now the project doesn't build, but I am hoping that by the end of today I will have a version that will build and also I will clean up the classes. Eugen has been very helpfull and I have learned a great deal from his advice.

Thank you,
Mihai