Hello together,

I am trying to compile "james-project", but I am just following Maven errors.

At this point I did find something, I am not sure if I interpret this correctly.
The Cassandra implementation uses Lambdas. E.g. in CassandraTableManager.

The pom.xml of "james-project" does define a target jdk of 1.6:
        <target.jdk>1.6</target.jdk>
The pom.xml of backends-common and the pom.xml of backends-cassandra do not
redefine the target.jdk to another level.

Lamdas (and the used stream objects) are new in JDK 1.8, so a JDK Target of 1.6
for Cassandra do not seem to be meaningful.
The Cassandra project should redefine the target.jdk to 1.8, cause it will not
compile with a lower level.

I would suggest to change the JDK target level for the whole project to a
up-to-date JDK level.
I personally would prefer to use JDK 1.8 for the whole james-project target.

(This maybe should be split into 2 tickets).

Best regards,

Bernd Waibel