Hello Eric,

On 29.05.2016 10:39, Eric Charles wrote:
> Looking at the git repos:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?a=project_list&s=james&btnS=Search
> + james-jdkim.git
> + james-jsieve.git
> + james-jspf.git
> + james-mime4j.git
> + james-postage.git
> + james-project.git
>
> https://github.com/apache/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=james
> + james-project
> + james-mime4j
> + james-jsieve
> + james-jdkim
> + james-postage
> + james-jspf
> + james (*)
> + james-mpt (*)
> + james-mailbox (*)
> + james-protocols (*)
> + james-mailet (*)
> + james-hupa (**)
> + james-app (*)
> + james-imap (*)
>
> (*) I propose to ask infra to remove the ones listed with a (*)

I agree with cleaning things up. If users can contribute to those
projects via another path (and I saw a lot of projects are merged in the
james-project), please go for it.

Keep it simple :).

> A special case the james-hupa - Should we migrate it also to git?

Seems kind of dead. I would migrate it out of principle or ignore it
alltogether. If there are no users, we could reitre it. WDYT?

> About the doc, I see for example
> http://james.apache.org/server/3/dev-build.html which is well updated.
>
> However http://james.apache.org/mime4j/start/build.html still refers to
> the svn tree.
>
> What about http://james.apache.org/contribute.html where we could also
> introduce the different repositories and explain the overall
> architecture of the James project and how we accept pull requests from
> github.
>
> Any thoughts?

The website needs a lot of love. Thank you for taking your time to go
through all these tasks that need to be done.

Regards,