Hi Raoul,

I have never been using "Amazon Simple e-mail service". I guess what you
are mentioning is that
feature: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/ses-delivery-notifications/

As far as I understand this, this feature relies on MDN (Message
Disposition Notification, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8098).
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8098%29.> To quickly sum it up:

 - The email sender (you) position a header asking for a report. This is
done through the Disposition-Notification-To header.

 - The client reads the email, and send a MDN receipt.

 - Your email server is then able to recognize, parse then push
information about such MDN receipt.

The good news is that the team @linagora had recently been working on
MDN notification, so most of the components will be soon "in place":

 - The james-project/mdn project allows MDN parsing and had recently
been contributed. The MDNReportParser will return you a java object
describing the full structure of a report.
 - For detecting MDN, you can rely on the HasMimeType
HasMimeTypeParameter matchers. You can combine them together with a
"composite matcher" as done in
https://github.com/linagora/james-project/pull/1367/files#diff-0b1002f9ab4c6fce613371af22c06750
mailetcontainer.xml file.

You will need to write a mailet for generating the JSON and attaching it
to the email as a mail attribute (this allows uncoupling JSON string
generation from PUSH transport mechanism).

Note that we already have a component for pushing a string attribute of
emails over AMQP, tested with RabbitMQ. It is the AMQPForwardAttribute
mailet.

Note that such a contribution would be really interesting, and I will
provide you guidance for implementing it.

As this might interest other developers, I Ccedthe James developer
mailing list.

Best regards,

Benoit Tellier