Maybe 'rewrite sender' is not the right terminology.   Maybe "deriveSendersAccount" would better explain it.  My whole point is that if I prefer to use an 'alias' as my 'from' address instead of using the precise address that is my account name, the code is going to look for a 'sent' folder in the 'alias' account (which doesn't exist).    My only concern is that the correct account is derived for the 'sent' folder whether or not an alias is used for the 'from/sender' address.  A few weeks ago before I figured out what was happening, I had a lot of email going into sent folders on 'orphaned' mailboxes named after aliases.