Hi Matthieu,

> I'm very happy having people to give their opinions, it means, to me,
> we have some kind of community.

Yes, I agree. It must remain respectful and cordial, though. I hope I was able
to do that.

>> I totally agree with the point: one should not confuse “complex” with
>> “familiar”. I suppose the only thing I don’t agree with in this
>> sentence is the choice of character ( ` ) for a quote. That goes
>> against everything I have ever learned, and is forbidden by my
>> religion.
>
> You are right, it's just lazyness because I changed from an AZERTY
> keyboard to a QWERTY one and back-quote is simpler to type. I won't do
> that in the future.

Hahahaha.

Just to be sure: that was my attempt at humour to try to lighten the situation
because I didn’t know how you would react to my critique. (Don’t worry, my wife
never laughs at my jokes, either.)

But your reply was even funnier to me because I completely understand. 😂

> And so on. And not adopting any new thing basically makes a obsolete
> and/or dead project.

You make some good points, but just to be very clear: I am not against things
that are “new”. I am *only* against unnecessary complexity.

>> (Actually, if somebody really hates Java that much, if the entire
>> code base were changed to a different language, like Scala, perhaps
>> THAT could be a good thing!)
>
> But no software of this size can be shifted overnight to another
> language.

I agree. I am only trying to reiterate that I have a particular compulsion to
try to reduce complexity. I think I have been traumatized too much in the past.
😫

> I can list here some things that we really benefits from adopting
> Scala:

Thanks for the explanation.

Again, I stand by my point emphasizing the word *unnecessary*. If an analysis
was done and the addition of Scala in the way it was done was deemed to be
necessary, then so be it. I don’t know enough about the project or its history
to second guess the decision.

Cheers,
=David