Hi all,

I'm new to the project - my name is Glennos, and I've been chatting with
@chibenwa over https://gitter.im/apache/james-project - however he
suggested I join the mailing list, so that's what I'm doing! So hi everyone!

I'd like to contribute to this pull request: JAMES-3715: Upgrade to Netty
4.1;
  https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/886
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JAMES/issues/JAMES-3715

I've reviewed the changes made so far - and I've left a whole bunch of
review comments at the end of
https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/886
  (however you seem to need to be a project maintainer or maybe just logged
in to see them)

Feel free to suggest if you want me to make all the suggested changes - or
even none - doesn't especially bother me. However I have noted some minor
bugs/potential issues that I do think would be valuable to fix.

I'd also like to improve the 'Encryption' class to support *both*
SSLContext and SslContext. I've already implemented this and other fixes, *just
need to know where to contribute them*;
  1. *It would be handy if someone could create a 'netty4' branch or
similar on https://github.com/apache/james-project/
<https://github.com/apache/james-project/>*
  2. Alternatively should I fork or can I directly contribute to
https://github.com/ff-wl/james-project/tree/netty4 ? (not preferred, much
rather we all contribute to a branch on the main 'apache/james-project/')

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Glennos