On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 6:39 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> have uploaded new 656 bundles for Write and Browse that should be able
> to respectively import images and upload files regardless of how many
> files are in the journal:

Cool - thanks!

> http://dev.laptop.org/~tomeu/Write-54.xo
> http://dev.laptop.org/~tomeu/Browse-77.xo
>
> Note that these bundles shouldn't be installed in any build newer than
> 656. Please test them and tell me how well they work.
>
> About deploying this, I don't know what's the best way, as the
> activity updating capabilities of 656 seem to be quite "weak", for
> saying something.

They Uy team has update scripts on the XOs that poll a central server
for updates. I guess it will be for them to deploy the updates to the
XOs with a build newer than 656 (IIRC some may have older builds atm).

> For testing this, I unzipped the bundles in ~/Activities and then
> deleted the old bundles in /usr/share/activities. Note that this
> required root.
>
> Perhaps we should change the names and icons and tell the users which
> ones are the good ones?

I think assuming that the activities are updated - eitherby tech-savvy
users (G1G1, beta testers, devs) or by the regional team is
reasonable.

cheers,

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- School Server Architect
 - ask interesting questions