I tried the XS 0.5 install on another box to see if the LAN issues on my
previous attempt were a hardware problem or something.  It's a different
model Dell with 2 nics.

Here are my notes:

Basic install from the CD, text mode, default everything.

Boot up, then:
/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config anna.org

Reboot

/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/network_config 1

Reboot

Of course, the hostname was still localhost.localdomain so I edited
/etc/sysconfig/network for HOSTNAME=schoolserver1

Reboot.  Hostname was now updated to schoolserver1.

Eth0 pulled an IP from my main LAN, so I knew which card was which.  I
connected my AP (set to 172.18.96.5 and netmask 255.255.224.0) but couldn't
ping it.  I tried connecting to the AP with an XO, but of course it didn't
do anything.  I even connected my Ubuntu machine to the XS, but it couldn't
get an IP and I couldn't ping anything either way.

I did the edit Jerry suggested in a previous email:

Please edit /etc/modprobe.d/xs_bonding adding:

options lanbond0 mode=active-backup miimon=100
options mshbond0 mode=active-backup miimon=100
options mshbond1 mode=active-backup miimon=100
options mshbond2 mode=active-backup miimon=100

Reboot.  Tried connecting the AP and the Ubuntu machine again (separately,
of course), but nothing happened.

Has anyone gotten eth1 on XS 0.5 working?

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham