On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:29 AM, Rusty Russell <ru...@rustcorp.com.au> wrote:
>        Tridge just cc'd me on on a GSOC rsync-http mozilla project; given that
> Martin is coordinating an apache proxy plugin, I thought I'd send a big
> inclusive mail to make sure we all know about each other!
>
> My involvement: a crcsync module in CCAN which can be used as a (simplified)
> librsync.

Fantastic! I assume the rsync-http now know of the vastly superior
karma of crcsync over the 2-hash method of rsync. If the Apache mods
and Mozilla speak the same protocol, then machines behind
bandwidth-constrained links will be in much better shape. I can see
3G-internet providers pushing this too.

Also cc'ing Jim Gettys -- our long-held hope is that the resulting
extension to the http protocol is something that can be folded into a
future http spec.

Pushing buttons to create http-crcs...@lists.laptop.org to serve as a
coordination point.

cheers,