On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langh...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Sameer Verma<sve...@sfsu.edu> wrote:
> > Just added some notes from a test we did today at OLPC-SF's meeting.
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-on-XO Will add more notes as we go.
>
> Cool. The take home message is "Moodle is dog-slow", I guess :-) --
> the problem there is disk-IO, if someone is up for playing with it a
> bit, there is room for tuning Pg and Moodle.

I'd like to load test Moodle+Pg. Maybe Wen(@SF State) has some scripts to
load test it? I know he's been working on that for a while now...cc'd.

> You mention it's a 'class 6' card.

The one I have is a class 4. Wish I had a class 6. Couldn't find a class 6
at the local store. Just found two class 6 8GB for $40 (shipping incl) at
overstock.com
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Transcend-8-GB-Class-6-SD-HC-Memory-Cards-Case-of-2/3406148/product.html

> How can you tell the type of card?

It says so on the card.

> The ones I have seem to be "sucks" and "sucks even more" models :-/

Even with a class 6, I wonder how much of a difference it will make. Writing
to SD cards is slow.

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.